VAS is a charity that supports the voluntary and community sector in Sheffield to be vibrant, effective and influential.
The Volunteer Centre is accredited by Volunteering England.
- We provide information, advice & support to
- people who would like to volunteer or find out more about volunteering
(come to our drop-in Monday - Wednesday 10am - 4pm)
- to organisations who use or want to involve volunteers
- to employers (including in the private sector) who are supporting their employees to volunteer.
- We work with the voluntary, community & public sectors, supporting organisations to develop volunteering opportunities and their volunteering programmes
- We encourage and develop good practice in volunteer involvement, so that volunteering is open to everyone and is positive and beneficial for all involved
- We participate in strategic initiatives to promote and develop volunteering in Sheffield.
We work with the VAS training department to deliver training in volunteer management.
Visit the VAS website for more on training.